Crossed the 7,000 word/37 page mark in my WriMo adventure and plan to write slightly over my 1700 word per day goal over the weekend to help ensure I cross 50K with days to spare.
I also decided to honor my need to tune in and tune out while I write by creating a Write Tunes playlist for my iPod. I like to write to music, and have some standbys I’ve enjoyed in previous Novembers to help tempt my inner muse to let the words flow from my mind to my fingertips to the computer screen.
I thought I’d share some of my personal favorite albums or individual tunes that make my writer-self purr:
- George Gershwin‘s “Rhapsody in Blue“
- Dario Marianelli‘s “Atonement” original soundtrack
- Bach Solo and Double Violin Concertos
- Tan Dun and Yo-Yo Ma‘s soundtrack for “Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon”
- Anything by Dead can Dance, but especially “Rakim“
- Lisa Gerrard and Pieter Bourke‘s “Duality“
- Hans Zimmer‘s soundtrack for “Inception”
- Mychael Danna‘s soundtrack to Mira Nair’s “Kama Sūtra”
- Trevor Jones and Randy Edelman‘s soundtrack to “Last of the Mohicans”
- Howard Shore‘s soundtracks to all of the “Lord of the Rings” films
- Jesse Cook‘s “Montreal”
- Any of John Barry‘s soundtracks; I have the compilation “Moviola” in my playlist
- Music from the Harry Potter films
- Peter Gabriel‘s amazing “Passion: Music for The Last Temptation of Christ”
- Mercan Dede‘s “Sufi Traveler”
- Soundtrack from “Thirty-two Short Films about Glen Gould”
- Yo-Yo Ma’s “Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone”
- Ennio Morricone‘s soundtrack for “The Mission”
What do you write to – inquiring ears want to listen!