Monday, Manda sent me a Versatile Blogger Award.
This unexpected nomination made my evening. In the midst of all the chaos of packing and preparing to move across the country, reading Manda’s Mommy Mayhem is among the guilty pleasures employed to keep me sane. Thanks, Manda!
The rules governing the award include:
- Thanking and linking to the person who nominated you
- Sharing 7 random facts about yourself
- Passing the award along to 15 new-found blogging buddies
- Contacting those buddies to congratulate them
Although this may seem late, I’ve been crafting this response since Monday!
Seven random facts about myself:
- I’m in the process of relocating from a suburb of Detroit, Michigan to Sacramento, California to join my husband who recently began a job there. I’m incredibly sad to move so far from family and friends, but hopeful to lure those I love to California for visits!
- My two doodles – Cricket (Goldendoodle) and Beatle (Labradoodle) are my furry children. Here are photos of said beasties – you know you think they’re cute!
- I’m a frustrated creative – wanting to write, but making excuses. This blog is my mechanism for ensuring that writing is once again daily practice and my method for forcing me to share what I write. I plan to share my poetry and fiction in future months (as my confidence builds).
- Zumba is my current addiction. I cannot say enough positive things about how much I love to dance and the stress-free enjoyment that can be gained from truly, physically abandoning yourself to music.
- I’m contemplating taking the leap and investing in an eReader. I’m an avid reader and between me and my husband, we have hundreds of books (all of which are now in Sacramento awaiting my arrival to be lovingly, logically organized). Going digital is something I never thought I would do, but I’m starting to think it will be easier travelling with a small device than a suitcase full of hardcovers.
- My husband will not tell me what he got me for my birthday (earlier this month) and is making me wait until I arrive in California to get it – frankly, I’m ready for him to share that information with me today. My patience is being tested!
- I love to swim. When I was a child, I wanted to be a fish when I grew up.
Here are my top 15 blogs:
- Manda’s Mommy Mayhem
- Kate’s Channel
- Life is good. Even when it sucks
- Oh so Tasty!
- A Lego a Day
- Kolembo – Short Poetry
- Reader, I Created Him
- John Donut: Sarcasm with Sprinkles
- Love and Hate
- Oh Say, Can you Say?
- Eatables and Potables
- Intractable Bibliophilia
- Pencil to Paper
- Inside ArtHead
- Sageland Creative: The Shape of Trees
I hope you enjoy them – I certainly do! Happy reading!